Are you looking to improve your genealogy business?
Have you attended conferences and institutes and find yourself ready to take the leap from genealogy hobbyist to professional?
Are you ready to connect with clients who are eager to work with you and pay professional rates?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions and are seriously considering becoming a professional, the APG Professional Management Conference is a MUST. While many genealogy conferences, webinars, and institutes focus on research and methodology, the Professional Management Conference teaches genealogy professionals how to more effectively run their businesses. Classes cover a wide range of business topics taught by some of the most well-respected professionals in the industry.
This year will feature sixteen virtual presentations and many opportunities to network with other professionals. Presentations will be offered over 3 different sessions: August 24-25, September 21-22, and October 19-20. Each session will be followed by on-demand access to presentation recordings for 10 days.
Registration is open to all interested individuals and early-bird discounts are available until July 15. If you decide to join APG and sign up for the whole conference, you will have access to a $120 discount.
- A Stool with Five Legs
- So, You Wanna Be a Speaker
- The Business of Genealogical Speaking
- Presentation Skills and Options for a Virtual World
- Planning for Success! Creating a Simple Business & Marketing Plan for Your Genealogy Business
- Simple Sales Strategies for Professional Genealogists – Turning Prospects into Clients
- Maybe You Shouldn't Care About Copyright
- Juggling Complex Projects While Staying on Track & on Time
- The APG Code of Ethics & Professional Practices
- Must-Haves for Your Genealogy Business Website
- Five Plans for Professional Success
- General Contractor: Building Blocks of a Good Agreement
- 10 Tips for Becoming a Successful Writer
- Building Your Professional Genealogical Network – Virtually and In-person
- So You Want to Teach an Online Course
- What is Soft Marketing and Why Should We Care?
All attendees will also have access to two bonus pre-recorded lectures: ABCs of Accounting for a Genealogy Business and Using & Benefiting from APG’s Continuing Professional Education Requirement.
We hope you will join us for this exciting event where we will learn how to build better genealogy businesses. To learn more about the conference and register, visit https://www.apgen.org/events/2021-professional-management-conference.
If you’re looking to join APG to have access to conference discounts in addition to a subscription to the APGQ, a listing in our member directory, and more, visit https://www.apgen.org/join.